Contact

  • Haus zur Sonne
    Marktgasse 2
    CH-4310 Rheinfelden
    Send E-Mail

Fricktaler Museum

The Fricktaler Museum is located in the „Haus zur Sonne” first mentioned in documents in 1422. Until 1840, it had been used as an inn and a hostel. Then the brewer Franz Joseph Dietschy bought it and changed it into a residential building.

In 1929, his heirs donated the „Haus zur Sonne“ to the town of Rheinfelden (CH) encumbered with the charge to establish a museum therein. In 1934, it was opened, the main exhibits having been collected in the 19th century.

The various collections of the museum lay focus on prehistory, early history, medieval times and  modern age, thus offering a little journey through time.
The exhibits having mostly direct reference to Rheinfelden (CH) or the region of Fricktal impart knowledge on history and art relating to the region to local and foreign visitors, thus making the collection an important institution of the Fricktal.

Opening hours

Tuesdays, Saturdays and Sundays from 02.00 p.m. to 05.00 p.m.

Durch die Nutzung dieser Website erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass unsere Dienste Cookies verwenden. Mehr erfahren OK